View Single Post

Old 05-29-2015, 01:59 AM
memoid memoid is offline Windows 8 Office 2013
Novice

memoid is on a distinguished road
Default Confused about office accounts vs microsoft accounts (& switching from Pro subscription to edu)

I have a single user Small Business Premium subscription to Office365, and just realized my university provides a ProPlus subscription, so I'd like to switch to that. I only have a single user (me). I only use word / excel / powerpoint / onenote and the only data / information I have in the cloud is a lot of onenote notes.

What's the best way to do this?

I'm confused about the relationship between:
- my microsoft account (xxx@outlook.com) which I use to login to windows
- my business office account (xxx@xxx.onmicrosoft.com) which I used only to login to and install my Small Business account
- my new edu office account (xxx@york.ac.uk)

Some details:

1. I just installed office on a brand new laptop. I log into windows using xxx@outlook.com and I used xxx@york.ac.uk to install office. My onenote has all of my notes! Where did they come from and how does it know? When I look into the Account information in onenote it says xxx@outlook.com and Subscription Product is ProPlus. No mention of xxx@york.ac.uk anywhere.

2. On my old PC (Which used to have small business premium with xxx@xxx.onmicrosoft.com) I uninstalled small business premium and installed proplus with my xxx@york.ac.uk. The onenote notes are still syncing with my laptop, even when I change them. Even though the account on the office pc is showing xxx@york.ac.uk. How come it's still syncing? Shall I switch that to xxx@outlook.com?

3. I also have a surface (which has small business premium). Onenote account is under xxx@outlook.com and still syncing to my PC. how is that happening?

4. What's going on and what should I do?

Cheers!