View Single Post

Old 06-02-2010, 02:16 AM
mike.smith mike.smith is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Advanced Beginner

mike.smith is on a distinguished road

Hello azdolfan,

well, first of all I am glad that I have helped you with the template problem. However it is interesting that in your case the size went up, when mine went down. Did you actually delete the original picture and then pasted then pasted the png version? And how did I know? Well, the problem is that people do not know png too much so that is just the first question to ask. :-)

As to your other problem.

If you want to see html that MS Word creates you have to save your file with htm extension. Then you have to open file in either Dreamweaver or in notepad, as I do it. The thing is that Word is a visual editor and as far as I know, it does not know how to show html.

Considering your "local" pictures.

Maybe I was not too and I do not know how exactly you work and update your site but.
When you have saved your doc file as htm file, you actually had also a folder created with it. This folder contains all the graphics that you have used and it is relatively linked to the file. That means that if you upload both htm and the folder on your web server (they have to be in the same level) your problem should be solved.

But in general, if you are working a lot with web pages I would strongly suggest you use either DreamWeaver or Microsoft Front Page that comes within Office package. Front Page has the same interface then Word but is better with creating html code and files.

Let me know how it went.

mike