View Single Post

Old 05-07-2015, 12:57 PM
mred2 mred2 is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

mred2 is on a distinguished road

Stefan,

Thank you for the reply.

1. Been looking for where the Quick style sets are saved. Would like to delete a couple that I have tried to get right. They have exhibited the same behavior as the default template. Where are they located in a stock install?

2. So you are saying that I should open the normal.dotm via file>new>template>blank document or file>open< select Micorsoft Word | templates on the left hand navigation pain>Normal.dotm (assuming these are the same .dotm file ) and then I need to apply the style set as in Change Styles > Style Sets > Reset to Styles From Template?

Still not addressing the idea that I can't get the default template to be stable. IE in my sample document I set up 8 custom bullet lists and 9 custom Ordered lists. They work great in that document and after resetting my normal.dotm template and importing them, they worked like once. Then I close word reopened and bullet1 disappeared. Then I closed it again reopened and all the formatting for all the bullets were gone. The automatically update radio button is unchecked in the modify styles edit tab for each style.

3. Any ideas on that?