View Single Post

Old 05-07-2015, 12:02 PM
mred2 mred2 is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

mred2 is on a distinguished road
Default Setting up a default style sheet

using office 2010 professional version. Have two full installs, one at work and one for my home office. They are completely different installs from different source discs. The issues described below are identical for both installs.

Trying to set up a stable style set based on the normal.dotm. located at
C:\Users\myuser.domain\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\T emplates at my work office. Have reset it and added in some custom styles that I have done that are just what I want using the import/export function from both the developer tab and the style manger.

However, the style keep changing, ie one time styles disappear, one time they loose their formatting and more. And yes I know about the show and hide buttons on the recommend tab, been there done that maybe 100 times. Maybe 20 times for just one style. From my experience this appears to be buggy software. What other reason would there be for getting different results doing the exact same things multiple times, to include re-installing the complete OS from scratch on two different machines, and redoing step by step to point of insuring consistency.

Questions: Is there a way to get a stable style sheets based on the normal.dotm or some other method or realistically do I need to start looking for new software? Maybe office 2013? or some other software entirely?

Thanks