View Single Post

Old 04-05-2015, 07:05 AM
mysterywriter mysterywriter is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2013
Novice

mysterywriter is on a distinguished road

Thanks. The first 2 were purchased and published (now out of print) and the 3rd is now at the publisher. I'm working on the 4th in the series.

Day at a time is how it works, like most everything else.

Fyi, I was once very much "into" computers -- I was systems manager for an engineering firm and I supported their scientific / engineering computers and also wrote programs for analysis (high level calculus and so on). Then I was support manager for the US and Canadian installations of a top-end system that designed printed circuits and microchips, almost a black art. Later I was project manager for 2 divisions that sold structural design and drafting software worldwide.

Later I worked in consulting for "big oil" firms involved in deepwater drilling and exploration, mostly for environmental and safety specs and such. So I did a huge amount of MS-Word documentation w. master/slave documents and many automated features, lots of complex templates.

All the time I've been a writer too, short stories and articles and book/movie reviews, and now I'm concentrating on my fiction. So as a result I only use the computer as a tool and never as an entertainment, ha ha. Therefore I care zero about the internals of computers or software now, and only want the stuff to work for me so I can get on with my books.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I've now got MS-Word pretty well tamed.