View Single Post

Old 04-02-2015, 05:24 PM
mysterywriter mysterywriter is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2013
Novice

mysterywriter is on a distinguished road
Default Word 2013 asks about changing template all the time

I've running Windows 7 Pro and MS-Word 2013 on my new HP laptop.

All is well -- I've used "winders" and Word for ages, and Word is working fine although the huge set of options that now appear were at first hard to navigate but I'm okay now.

My only problem is that when I finished editing a document (a standard stand alone document, not a special doc that's linked to others or whatever, just a short story or chapter of my new book or a letter). In other words a regular standard doc.

When I exit and then close the folder, or when I'm shutting down the PC, I get this message about altering the Word template and saving the changes.

I have no desire to use or alter the template and in fact I'm not really using a template at all -- I just have reloaded my older docs from the old Word 97 I was once using and resaved them as new Word 2013 docs.

I really don't use templates (used to) but now I'm just typing a short story or article or other things (you can see from my sig that I'm a writer) and all I want to do is to save the darn doc and quit.

How do I "disconnect" this message that I keep getting about altering the template? There must be some sort of hidden option that I accidentally set or was set as a default. I usually say no or yes and sometimes it takes me to a template folder that I have zero interest in accessing.

All I want to do is just make a plain vanilla "save" and quit Word.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited by Charles Kenyon; 04-05-2015 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Mark as solved