View Single Post

Old 05-18-2010, 12:32 AM
Kimberly Kimberly is offline Windows 7 Office 2010 (Version 14.0)
Expert

Kimberly is on a distinguished road

If a watermark doesn't suit your purposes, you can also insert a picture and set the "Wrap Text" to behind text.

I cannot help with how to do anything on a Mac. I can tell you what I would do on a PC and maybe it will help. I don't know if Word on a Mac calls them "text fields", but that was confusing. You want textboxes. (That may be what you have, but my PC isn't sure) Get rid of the form fields. If you have to Insert textboxes, you might need to set the wrapping to Square to get them positioned. Delete any default content in the textboxes if necessary.

Click on the first textbox and then on the Format tab click 'Create Link'. Your cursor will turn into a little pitcher. Click in the second textbox to pour. Now your textboxes are linked together. Set the 'Shape Outline' (also on the Format tab) to 'No Outline' for all textboxes.

Go to the Review tab and 'Restrict Editing', which will launch a task pane. Check the checkbox to "Allow only this type of editing - No changes (Read only)". Click on the border of the textboxes and in the Restrict Editing pane, under the heading Exceptions, check "Everyone". Do the same for the remaining textboxes. Then click "Yes, start enforcing protection". You will be prompted for a password. People will only be able to edit textbox content and will not be able to move them. In addition, the first textbox overflow will flow into the second textbox.

I don't know what to say about a second page, if you make a two page template and enforce protection, you will always get two pages printed. Maybe you want a one-pager and a two-page version.

See attached. I don't think I have the test boxes exactly where you had them, you can enter the password and move them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Doc2.zip (245.9 KB, 23 views)