View Single Post

Old 05-13-2010, 08:11 AM
TheCatSpeaks TheCatSpeaks is offline Windows XP Office 2003
Novice

TheCatSpeaks is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Only Random Border Lines Printing!

I've been using Word and Excel 2003 Professional Edition for over a year now without any issues. I am very familiar with borders and how they work, how to turn them on and off for printing, etc.

One day about a month ago, both Word and Excel started exhibiting a strange (and extremely frustrating) behavior that has been reoccurring each and every time I try to print with borders:

Tables in Word and cells in Excel are both affected exactly the same. When I have border lines in a document, they all appear on screen and in preview. However when I print, random border lines will be missing. It is so random that I could print the same document three times in a row and different lines could be missing in each printout.

The missing lines can be horizontal or vertical, outer sections or inner sections, they can be the entire length/width of the table or span only one cell.

What I notice is that the most frequently missing lines are horizontal lines that span the entire width of the table. Perhaps about half of the lines will be missing most of the time.

Any advice as to how I might fix this perplexing problem?