View Single Post

Old 03-05-2015, 10:37 AM
BruceM BruceM is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Advanced Beginner

BruceM is on a distinguished road

Andrew, thanks for the reply. I haven't tested extensively yet, but it appears a version of your suggestion will work.

I stayed with bookmarks since they are far easier for users to set up. I'll go with more complex coding and a simpler user interaction every time.

The process is to copy a one page document, go to the end of the document, and paste to create two identical pages (this is for a sequentially numbered maintenance log book). Then add a section break between the pages, and break the link to the first section in the second section footer. Add bookmarks PageNum1 and PageNum2 to the two footers, then run the macro. The macro is in an Add-In, so I will be sure the user has the Add-In, and add an icon to the Home tab to run the macro.

As I mentioned, I am staying with bookmarks, but within that context I am using the For...Step method you outlined, which together with the two-page document seems to solve the problem. I am also using code to switch to duplex printing, then back to the original setting, via a call to another procedure.

So, thanks again. The two-page idea was the piece I couldn't see.