View Single Post

Old 03-03-2015, 06:49 AM
g0vtmule g0vtmule is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2007
Novice

g0vtmule is on a distinguished road
Default Finding embedded PPT Sound files for editing

Hello

I have a PPT that was provided to me that we need to edit. It looks as if it was saved as html because i have a .htm, .jpg, .gif associated with every slide and a series of sound00x.wav files that represent the narrations.

If we run this as a slide show, the audio (narration) is present where it should be, and I can correlate an individual .wav file with the 3 or 4 slides is spans across in the presentation. However, I cannot use the ppt tools to edit the sound clips. There is no sound icon and I cannot find a way to access the sound files - other than to edit them in a separate audio editor.

Questions:
1. Is there a way to find the link (I'm assuming there is an embedded link in the slides that point top the associated .wav file) How do i access that?

2. Upon editing / saving a new .wav file, and inserting it back into the slide, will the old audio still play, and if so, how do I disable it and/or break the link.

I have nearly 200 slides and 40+ sound00x.wav files that span across the slide deck, any simplified ways to help recover will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
dean