View Single Post

Old 03-02-2015, 03:03 PM
jcm48 jcm48 is offline Windows 8 Office 2013
Novice

jcm48 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the tips...but it's still not working the way I want it to. Maybe if I explain what kind of template I've created it'll help: I teach a college-level public speaking course, and have created a boilerplate evaluation form with a field for the student's name, check-boxes for a variety of characteristics, and a blank are below for my comments. I've never tried doing an attachment in a Forum, but I'm attaching it here.

In prior versions of Word, I would click on the template and it would automatically create a new document based on the template, but my typing into the form wouldn't alter the template itself. Now, the form I'm typing into is actually a .dotx file, not a .docx file. And in order to create an evaluation for a 2nd student, I have to close the 1st evaluation and re-open the template file. If I just try to create a new file based on my template without closing the first one, it won't work...it just creates another instance of the 1st document, with the 1st student's name and comments in it!
Attached Files
File Type: dotx 2 Informative.dotx (21.5 KB, 7 views)