View Single Post

Old 02-20-2015, 06:07 PM
wondermuse wondermuse is offline Windows 8 Office 2013
Advanced Beginner

wondermuse is on a distinguished road
Default how to remove the refresh icon from the save icon in the quick access toolbar in word 2013

I have just recently been noticing a "refresh" icon on the "save" icon in the quick launch toolbar for a document I update every two or three days. As far as I know, this is the only document like this. Other documents have just the "save" icon without a "refresh" icon included.

I have removed myself as author and there is no one listed as author now. I am always the sole author of any documents I have, so the info tip "Save this document and refresh it with updates made by other authors", which appears when hovering on this icon, shouldn't apply to any of my documents.

At some point in the course of this document, there may have been a copy or some confusion with who the author was, or someone else other than the author had made changes, I don't remember what it was or if it was even this document, but there is a message with some kind of concern like this and a couple of options or something to choose from. I'm just saying there could have been a slight glitch somewhere along the way to cause this, but I am the only author and I would like to see just the "save" icon without the extra clutter. The problem is I don't know how to get it back.

I am attaching a .png image of the "save" icon with the "refresh" icon.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture SAVE ICON with REFRESH ICON.PNG (611 Bytes, 28 views)

Last edited by Charles Kenyon; 05-23-2016 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Mark as solved