View Single Post

Old 02-18-2015, 04:33 PM
jackmackfack jackmackfack is offline Windows 8 Office 2013
Novice

jackmackfack is on a distinguished road
Smile I'm having trouble doing these tasks

Hello friends,

I'm new to this forum. MS office is part of my CIT class and I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind helping me with some instructions on an assignment:

Step Instructions Point Value 1 etc. etc.

7 Create a formula in the last cell on the last row to average the Salary column. (Hint: In the Formula dialog box, remove the suggested function, but leave the =, and paste an Average function, indicating that the average should include the numbers Above.) Format the average as $#,##0.00;($#,##0.00), which is different from the entries in the column above.
9 8
8 9
8 10
8 11
7 12 Start a Mail Merge using the Step-by-Step Mail Merge Wizard. You will use the current letter as the starting document. The recipient information is derived from w03_grader_h1_datasource.docx.
7 13 Replace the bracketed placeholders in the letter, Address Block, FirstName, and DaysWorking, with fields from the data source. Use default settings for the Address block.
7 14 Complete the merge, merging all records with the data source, resulting in three letters. Save the merged letters as exploring_w03_grader_h1_end.
7 15 Close exploring_w03_grader_h1_end.docx. Close exploring_w03_grader_h1.docx without saving it. Exit Word. Submit exploring_w03_grader_h1_end.docx as directed.

I am not able to make it average out the contents above the average keyword. Would someone please help with these instructions. They aren't the full instructions, but they are what I need help on. I got stuck on 11 and didn't get further, etc.

I'll post screen shots if needed.

Thanks.

Best,

jackmackfack