View Single Post

Old 02-18-2015, 11:53 AM
Bouclesdor Bouclesdor is offline Windows XP Office 2013
Novice

Bouclesdor is on a distinguished road

Hi Guessed,

First of all, thanks for taking the time to help me. It's really appreciated since I'm not an expert in computers problems...

The document doesn't seem to be in "Compatibility mode" (I don't see this comment beside the file name...) I don't know if there is another way to verify... Also, just to make sure that I was not in compatibility mode, I have save again the file on the computer and it still doesn't work.

I did compile the projet on the computer who have the problem and I have the run time error 32809 Application defined or object defined error. I think this is the same error message that everybody had after microsoft update of mid December... Since the beginning I'm thinking that my problem is related to this update because we used this document since 2 years without any problems but recently, every thing stop working on 2010 version even after trying to delete the EXD files, %temps% files, deleting the update KB2553154 (for 2010 version),... I still have the problem. Maybe I'm wrong to think that, but I don't see anything else that can have created this bug...

I also tried to save the document in RTF on the computer that doesn't run the macro and after saving it I save it again in enable document and the macros still doesn't work....

I have attached a test file that I have created (on my word 2013) with a VBA code (very basic code) that is supposed to get me to 3 different sections in the document but when I try to run the macro on a word 2010, the macros doesn't work. If I send the same file to 2 different computers with word 2007, both will be able to run the macros but for one user (the one that is working or should I say, how is repairing the macros for some unknown reasons...) and I only save the document (without any changes) and send it back to the person that use word 2010, it won't work but if I'm making some modifications like if I'm typing some text "blablabla" and than save the document and send it back to my colleague that use the word 2010, the macro will start to run properly... I'm unable to figure out why one of the 2007 version can repair the files and make it accessible for the word 2010...

Maybe you could try to open my file with your 2010 version and see if you can run the macros on your computer...

This afternoon, I will ask my IT Department to uninstall all the updates on a computer with word 2010 that has the problem and then install a old update (before december) to see if i'm right to think that it's a problem with December updates...

Thanks again for your kind help,

Bouclesdor
Attached Files
File Type: docm sans hide text cycle performance .docm (23.2 KB, 11 views)