View Single Post

Old 01-29-2015, 10:29 PM
Guessed Guessed is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Expert

Guessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant future

It appears fine on my PC too - it may be a Mac thing.

In any case, the negative indent you have applied to the text is not good. You should remove the negative text indent and change the text box property to avoid the internal margins (which is probably why you applied a negative indent in the first place). In Windows you do this by right clicking the border of the text box and choosing Format > Text Box.

You have laid out this document just like an InDesign user too. Generally we don't work the same way in Word and I think many typical Word users will find the multiple text box layout unintuitive.

You should check with the client to see if they have Microsoft Publisher which is a low end but capable enough page layout program much better suited to this kind of layout. Full bleed artwork in Word is problematic because there is no sensible way to do cropmarks and bleed areas. I guess this doesn't matter on an eFlyer but in any case, I think your client would be much happier using Publisher to work with layouts like this.