View Single Post

Old 01-28-2015, 08:25 AM
tunes10590 tunes10590 is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2013
Novice

tunes10590 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all your feedback

@ gmayor - Thank you. I had totally forgotten that you could activate the palette in the properties box. That will fix my problem for now.

However, I would like to learn to better use controls in Word. Honestly, I find certain things in Word so difficult to work with, that I often design things in Excel or Access, and avoid using Word for anything complex.

@ Guessed - I am not sure that I understand what you mean by inserting a macrobutton field. Is that in VBA or the document itself? Can you point me to a video or tutorial that discusses this?

@ macropod - Again, sorry but I am not familiar with the Document_ContentControlOnEntry process. I Googled a little, but didn't find anything that explained the process in a way I could understand. Can you point me anywhere?

Thanks to all for your help.

Just as a side note, does anyone know why Word makes assigning and using macros so much harder than Excel. In Excel, pretty much anything you insert (picture, most controls, text boxes, etc) all you have to do is right click and assign macro. The control button even prompts you to assign a macro when you drop it in. Wonder why Word is so much more complicated?