Thread: [Solved] Result Calculator
View Single Post

Old 01-26-2015, 05:38 AM
gmayor gmayor is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Expert

gmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud of

I answered as far as I was able. I took one look at your worksheet example and my eyes glazed over.

Attempting to program this would be a nightmare, and frankly I can't see why you have taken that approach. I can't imagine how it would work for more than a handful of students, and you mentioned 1000!

If I was doing it I would have created a worksheet with one row per student, and columns for the data you wish to record (much like my earlier example).

I would have added a VBA userform to the workbook which would reproduce the input requirements for a single student (much as you have it on the sheet itself). The data for each student (each iteration of the form) is added to the next available row of the worksheet.

This then gives you a data source that you can employ for a variety of purposes.