View Single Post

Old 01-22-2015, 12:26 PM
Bouclesdor Bouclesdor is offline Windows XP Office 2013
Novice

Bouclesdor is on a distinguished road
Default Microsoft December Update seems to have a bug with word 2010...

Hi everyone,
I have a problem with a word document that I have created a couple of years ago. This document is used for the employees assessments. The first page (page 1) is the homepage containing all my buttons and all other pages are hidden by a VBA code. So the buttons on the homepage are used to redirect the user to a specific section and unhide this section. This document will be completed at first by the employee and then, his supervisor will complete some sections.

My problem is that recently, an employee has completed the form in word 2007 and then he transferred the file to his supervisor but the supervisor is now unable to use the buttons on the homepage. So the supervisor is unable to see the evaluation of the employee. The version of the supervisor is word 2010. If I try to open the file with my word 2013, everything works find. If one of my colleague that is using word 2007 open the file on his computer, everything is working well too... It seams to be a problem with the 2010 version. I also tried to save the file with my 2013 version and resend the file to the supervisor and it still doesn't work.

Since Microsoft recently had a problem with an update (Form Controls stop working after December 2014), I was wondering if this problem could be related because last year we used this form without any problems. To solve the problem of the update of December, we deleted the .exd files and it works find but if we use a file created by an other version of word (2007 or 2013) and we try to open this document in word 2010 all the macros are not running...

What do you think... I'm not a very good with this kind of issues... Please help me if you have any ideas or if you have any suggestions of tests...

thanks in advance,

bouclesdor