View Single Post

Old 01-13-2015, 02:47 PM
SomewhereinTX SomewhereinTX is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

SomewhereinTX is on a distinguished road
Default Network Diagram: different colors on different boxes

Hello All,

I have a 285-line schedule that I need to turn into a network diagram and print, for better vizualization at a coming meeting. I need to color boxes (tasks) in different colors to represent functions, e.g. EHS, Finance, Subsurface, etc, so when people look at the diagram they'll know where, what department the task comes from.

By default the diagram comes in two colors, red for items on the critical path, and blue for those that are ok (by the way, it is blue on my screen, and also blue when I print it but if I right-click on the box it'd say "No color"). So I tried to right click on boxes and assign colors but I can only do it to "red" boxes; those that appear blue but say "NO color" stay blue no matter how many times I tried to change their color. Is there some weird setting that I need to adjust that I am missing?

Also, the weirdest thing: when I try to print the diagram with at least several boxes colored differently, e.g. yellow, as a trial run, it keeps printing in red and blue only - even those boxes that are yellow on my computer screen!! Arrgh!.. Is there anything I can do about it?

Many thanks for your help.