Thread: [Solved] Blank space at top of page
View Single Post

Old 12-25-2014, 10:29 AM
Vecchia Vecchia is offline Windows 8 Office 2013
Novice

Vecchia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmayor View Post
The distance from the edge of the paper area is ultimately determined by the printer driver, however I can't imagine why you would want to print that close to the top. Other things to consider are the height of the top margin and the leading built into the font itself, which determines how much space the font uses. The former you can reduce, the latter you are stuck with.
Thank you for the quick reply to my post. However, I know I didn't put the problem right because I do have a 1" margin set at the top. I am ready to scrap this document and start again. I think one of the problems with this one is the pictures that I had deleted and then put back in.

Anyway, if I start over, what kind of setup would you recommend for a paper size 10" x 8" that is perforated in the center so I want to print 2 pages per sheet that will be printed on the back and then separated to make a book. So, I need a wider margin on the even pages on the left side and a wider margin on the odd pages on the right side.