Thread: [Solved] Sequential Print Numbering
View Single Post

Old 12-23-2014, 03:13 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by berenshoes View Post
Well the formula creates a number but when I go to print it keeps printing 0001 and won't increase. Do I need to create a macro? I might have missed that part.
The whole process is driven by a macro. That you should be asking this suggests you haven't paid much attention to the associated discussion in the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by berenshoes View Post
When I press alt F8 to run the macro counter it says:
Compile error:
Expected: identifier
The document in the attachment works just fine when the instructions are followed. Likewise, if implemented the same way in your own document, it will continue to work just fine. Since I can't see what you're actually doing, I can't say where the error is. That said, I'm surprised you're getting any kind of error message given the presence of error-handling code in the macro - that suggests you've changed it somehow.