View Single Post

Old 12-15-2014, 01:17 AM
electronicpizza electronicpizza is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2007
Novice

electronicpizza is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmayor View Post
As for your original question, test whether the column has data before trying to use it and if it doesn't have a value, give it one.

Take the line

Code:
 pStr1 = .Column(0, Me.ComboBox1.ListIndex)
You could use e.g.

Code:
If Not .Column(0) = "" then
    pstr1 = .column(0)
Else
    pstr1 = " "
End if
Without the missing information the rest is guesswork.
gmayor,

thanks for you help it has solved my issue, apologies about the code however I am very much a beginner learning along the way.

I have userform1 as a form for data entry into a templated letter which transfers the textbox values entered to variables and then into DoC Var fields then applying formatting.

The other userform2 is simple a box to show the listbox with the addresses and a button to import. I had to pass this as 6 separate strings as the userform1 is name , address line 1,2,3,4 and Postcode.

I realise some mistakes in the code as you pointed out I had originally used oRng to put the text right into the document but changed my mind. Purely because I wanted the user to have the visual of the address being imported otherwise it would be hidden behind the userform.

Also because I have checks on the data in the textbox not allowing most fields to be empty.

I am planning to re code with meaningful names the project started off very small but soon grew and I realised I should have done this from the start.

I have learned a lot since I started however I am always looking for tips so thank you for your time and help, if you have any feedback I'd love to hear it, I am always looking for a better way , I have taken your points onboard.