View Single Post

Old 12-10-2014, 06:22 AM
Albus Albus is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

Albus is on a distinguished road
Default Advanced page numbering: section pages in header, document pages in footer

I'm hoping you can help me with an MS Word problem, because I have no where else to turn!

I have a really long document divided into chapters using section breaks. In each section, there is header that contains the chapter title. It also has a page number field, that includes the chapter number and begins anew in each section. I.e. section 1, page 1 is numbered "1 - 1" and section 2, page 1 is numbered "2 - 1".

My issue is that I'd like to include the overall document page numbers in the footer. I.e. for Section 2 - page 1 the page number would display its true place in the whole document (say, page 5) rather than just its page number within the section. But whenever I change the page number format in the footer, it also changes in the header. So I can't seem to have my cake and eat it too.

Any ideas so that I could have section page numbering in the header, and full document page numbering in the footer would be greatly appreciated!