View Single Post

Old 12-03-2014, 09:23 AM
mtcn mtcn is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

mtcn is on a distinguished road
Question Paginate table so cell headings appear top of page instead bottom page when no room bottom page

I have a document that is comprised of the following:
  • Header
  • Table (with several rows)
  • Footer
One "section" (row) of the table includes, in Print Layout view, the "header" (row) for the next "section" (row).

For example, a "header" appears both at the bottom of page 1 and at the top of page 2 in the attached document. I believe this is due to a table heading "repeat rows at top of page" setting.

The goal is to have the text BEFORE (and the heading) appear at the top of the 2nd page (and be omitted entirely from the 1st page, because no data follows the heading and therefore it looks strange that the heading appears on both pages).
I tried inserting a page break as well as inserting blank paragraphs. The result is the same: the text before the heading and the heading appear on page 2 (not page 1); however, nothing else appears on page 2. the rest of the the table continues on page 3.
I checked the settings/atttributes of the cells/rows/table and have not found anything that causes this. That being said, I did not create this document (nor did the person who gave it to me).

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.
Attached Files
File Type: docx TableFormatIssue.docx (63.1 KB, 18 views)