View Single Post

Old 11-15-2014, 09:37 AM
matze29 matze29 is offline Windows 8 Office 2013
Novice

matze29 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

guess it's my fault - the Android client is OK, it's the webclient (OneNote online) that has no search function over all notebooks. Not even over one (after opening it) - just within a section or a page. This isn't a mere downfall but another reason why switching seems so hard to me.

The other main factors are

- the GUI - it's somehow cluttered, especially when you have a lot of notes e.g. invoices per year.
- awful webclipper - I'm clipping quite a lot of websites to Evernote...to read it later or to save it for further requests. Thanks to the flexible web clipper of EN I can not only choose in which notebook to clip but also give tags, choose to save the entire website or the article view (my favourite because you get rid of banners and stuff that doesn't belong to the article itself). ON just takes a picture of the website. Not comparable at all.

The windows client is OK but I rarely use my fat client running Windows 8. My life's is more an android (smartphone and tablet) and my beloved Chromebook so web applications are extremely important to me.

Have to take deeper thoughts...

Cheers,
Matze