View Single Post

Old 11-13-2014, 07:57 PM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid3642 View Post
Can you elaborate on "list templates" please?
Sorry. Everything I know is in John McGhie's article on numbering. Word Numbering Explained
I do not have a clear understanding of list templates because I do all numbering that will require any editing using the methods set forth in Shauna's article. List templates are at a lower level in the structure of Word documents than I work. In .doc type documents they are in the binary structure; in .docx type documents they are in the xml. If you really want to understand what is going on in your document, you can examine the xml. I do not recommend this path.

Quote:
However i can tell you that I only used one numbering format for the whole document, OTHER than the headings due to the fact that the headings are multilevel lists and not single level lists. Just to be specific im having issues with the single level lists. And thank you for taking the time to reply to my thread!
My advice: Do not use single-level lists, even if you are only doing one level. Follow the directions in the article to tie a multi-level list to Styles. Use one high level (unnumbered) to restart numbering in your list. I do not know that this is the only way to do this or the best way. I know it is how I would do it and that it would work.

Numbering in Microsoft Word