View Single Post

Old 11-12-2014, 09:34 PM
JPB JPB is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

JPB is on a distinguished road
Default How to transfer/import a customized color theme created on another computer

Greetings--

I'm trying to add a color theme created by someone else to my computer's list of colors for use in PowerPoint 2010. Let me say a few words about what I understand about using themes and colors first.

1. Another user sent me a ppt file and template that has the theme and colors I want. I know how to browse for themes and apply the theme so it shows up in the design thumbnails on my computer. Even so, the customized color name does not show up in my list of custom colors. (When I click on Colors in the Design tab.)

2. I have created my own custom color/theme, so I see how it works and where a customized set of colors appears (above Built-in). When I save a theme I create, it does, of course, show up on my list. I believe it appears twice in my filing system, once as an xml file and another time as a thmx file.

Though I can save a theme someone sends it to me, how do I get their customized palette to show on my list of colors? Do they have to send me their thmx and xml files and I put them in the right place? Or, does it really not matter whether the colors show on the list? I think they should show on the list so that I can use them in other presentations without having to apply the whole theme. I just want the palette. I suppose I can recreate it, but it seems that I should be able to import it somehow.

Please advise?

Thanks!