Thread: [Solved] Images move when printed
View Single Post

Old 04-02-2010, 03:08 PM
BrazzellMarketing BrazzellMarketing is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Competent Performer

BrazzellMarketing is on a distinguished road

I know that switching software is a pain, but the first thing that comes to mind is that you should be using Publisher for this project (if you have it). Publisher is ideal for this kind of project, and it absolutely does not attempt to flow your images or text boxes to pages other than the ones where they were first set. At this point, you can even cut and paste your Word text into Publisher text boxes for a quick transition.

Since that probably isn't a preferred option at this point, here are some ideas in Word. I've had that same problem with jumping images that only move when I go to print or change screen views. It seems to be a bug. First, the basics. In your position options, make sure the picture position is set relative to page or margin for both vertical and horizontal. This will stop it from trying to flow with text. Next, I have had luck with setting the text wrapping options from square to tight, tight to square, from anything to behind text. For some reason, this has made Word think about the image placement differently and stop moving my picture around. I hope it works for you. Best of luck.