View Single Post

Old 04-02-2010, 07:40 AM
msbytes msbytes is offline Windows XP Office 2003
Novice

msbytes is on a distinguished road
Question Book layout in Word or Adobe - 2 pages automatically on the screen

I hope someone can help - it's driving me nuts!

I have created my own little book with 1 page per book page ... and I can't get the automatic page layout to be in traditional book format ... ie, LHS page 1, RHS page 2 etc

I'd like to be able to give it to someone who knows nothing about the document, and have them open the file and the format be AUTOMATICALLY set up with 2 pages on the screen (and without seeing the "return" icons etc), and also PRINT it this way.

Know what I mean?

I haven't been able to do it with Word, so I decided to try the function where you can create a pdf file from your word document....... and see if I can do it with a pdf file.

I'd actually PREFER to do it in a pdf format so that the person reading it will read the fonts and layouts exactly as I have made them.

The only problem is that I can't even get the pdf file to open so that the pay display is automatically "two up". ie. the document automatically opens up one page on the screen at a time - i can't get it opening as

LHS page 1/RHS page 2
LHS page 3/RHS page 4

Know what I mean?

Can anybody help me with either program to get the automatic formating that I need to "read" it that way when you open the file? Either Word or Adobe reader .....

Hope that someone can help ..... thanks :-)