View Single Post

Old 03-31-2010, 02:15 AM
razberri razberri is offline Windows XP Office 2003
Novice

razberri is on a distinguished road
Default Adding table lines to protected form

I have a form in Word 2003 that uses form fields (text fields, drop downs and check boxes), which is arranged in a table.

Some of the questions in the form require the user to populate a table (which contains all 3 kinds of fields) within this greater 'form table'. Currently these 'tables' are just cells within the one big table, but I have toyed around with nested tables as well.

What I would like, is for the form to contain 2 or 3 rows within these tables, with the user able to add lines if needed. The thing is, the number of rows needed will vary from user to user, and could be one row or could be 100+. I need to print these forms off, so I obviously don't want there to be 100 empty lines being printed off, but I also don't want the user to be limited.

Am I able to have a protected form that allows the user to duplicate rows??

I have considered protecting only certain sections of the form, and leaving these tables unprotected, but because the tables contain drop down boxes and the like, these would not be functional.

I've done more googling than I dare admit on this, and haven't found an answer yet. Can anyone help me, please?