View Single Post

Old 03-30-2010, 05:56 PM
tjlmbklr tjlmbklr is offline Windows 7 Office 2010 (Version 14.0)
Novice

tjlmbklr is on a distinguished road
Default Windows Contacts, Outlook, iPhone

Over the course of a year or so I have had a few PC's. I have also ran Outlook on all of them. I done a lot of moving/backing up files for various reasons and managed to get my contacts all messed up. I had a "Contacts" folder but it didn't completely match the contacts I had in Outlook. What I mean is I made a backup copy and then deleted all those contacts thinking my Outlook contacts would reset to none. But they didn't. I still have all my contacts in Outlook but no contacts folder. So now I am confused. Also if I sync iTunes with Outlook it doesn't move anything into my iPhone when I do indeed have contacts in Outlook. I am wondering if this has to do with me getting the error [see pic] I have set my default but keep getting the error and it seems to be when I have iPhone connected when Outlook is open.

This all became a concern when I tried syncing my iPhone with Outlook. iTunes has an option to sync with Outlook or Windows Contacts. I don't even know what Windows Contacts is (btw I am running Windows 7 Ultimate). If I sync it with Windows Contacts even after I delete my "Contacts" folder it still loads my iPhone with contacts it got from God knows where. So you can see my confusion. I just want my Outlook to have the same contacts as my iPhone.

WHERE ARE OUTLOOK CONTACTS STORED?