View Single Post

Old 03-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Guessed Guessed is offline Windows Vista Office 2007
Expert

Guessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant future

Delboy

I don't understand what is going wrong with your version of Word 2007 but you are not explaining the problem particularly well. "3 pages crammed into one page" is not helping us visualise what is on your screen. Your initial description sounded a little like you were changing the document view rather than the zoom but again it isn't fully clear. Each document view can have a different zoom associated with it so that is the only case I can think of where you could "increase the zoom" and actually see more pages.

The One Page/Two Pages buttons on the View tab don't actually specify a particular zoom value - the zoom you get depends on the size of your window. I don't find these buttons useful and would suggest you don't use them as they artificially constrain the pages you would see on screen if you then modify the zoom.

Instead, first hit the 100% button in the View>Zoom area THEN use the zoom slider in the bottom right of the window. In Print Layout when you use the slider - if you reduce the zoom percentage then the number of pages that fit the screen will increase. Moving the slider to the right will increase the zoom and reduce the number of pages you see.

FWIW, the next version of Word has the ribbon customisation built-in but I haven't used it yet so don't know how it goes. In any case, I find that editing the ribbon directly with the free Office 2007 Custom UI Editor is workable but can be slow to learn.