View Single Post

Old 10-25-2014, 08:43 AM
mikeman mikeman is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2013
Novice

mikeman is on a distinguished road
Default Need guidance on creating a Word doc generator

Hi,
I am new to forums as well as I am a newbie when it comes to programming. However, as self-development I want to create a tool that would allow automatize process of creating a certain Word document in m company.

There is a document which exists in several versions depending on the object it deals with. I would like to create an semi-automated utility to build a document after several choices made by the user.

E.g.:
I want to create an agreement of purchase of car. User starts my program/utility and the first question is: is a car personal or goods vehicle?
If personal then the first section is used, if goods the second one is applied.
Then, there are few similar questions. At the end user is asked to fill in the basic of the agreement: parties data, quantity, name of the car and those are applied in certain places of the document.

I am not skilled, yet hard working so any help would be appreciated: please point me to the right direction.

I would like to know what is the easiest way to do this utility/programming/anything else and if any precise tutorial is the best, also its name.

Thank you!