View Single Post

Old 10-21-2014, 11:36 PM
Jmanville Jmanville is offline Windows Vista Office 2007
Novice

Jmanville is on a distinguished road
Default Your response

Thank you for your help. I have the file opening and reading the words, even find them and adding the tick directly after the found word but have not managed to work out how to put the tick 5 words away. What I have not mastered I guess is the "carefully crafted find and replace expression" that will move the tick 5 words away. Is it possible you could explain the code to me further? I could put the code I have here if that would help. The examples I have found so far are for finding and replacing the word in the document with the word in the file which I do not need as the original word needs to remain in the document not be replaced with anything. I need only to insert the tick when the word is found but not directly next to it. Down a line would be ok, just not immediately next to it. At the moment the code uses the replace statement to replace the word found (with itself) and concatenate the tick immediately after as part of the replace statement and then move on to the next word in the file within the read loop. I located an example to move right 5 words but ended up with multiple ticks all in the same place after the first word was found.