View Single Post

Old 10-09-2014, 03:58 AM
wondermuse wondermuse is offline Windows 8 Office 2013
Advanced Beginner

wondermuse is on a distinguished road
Default Reply

Thanks for that information, but absolutely just started the 'macro' workaround idea of things.

I have gathered a few tips from YouTube tutorials; like the Developers tab, how to macro enable a document (.docm), how to record a simple macro (this one sticks at highlighting/selecting text, so can't modify font format), the macro settings in the Trust Center section of backstage view, and that there is something called VB/VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), but that in Microsoft Word 2013 support of 3rd party apps was discontinued.

This brings me to a couple of quick questions. When recording a macro, I guess the document does not need to be macro enabled or is it just needs to be macro enabled in the Trust Center? When does a document need to be macro enabled, as in go to "file" and then "save as" (.docm). Is a document with a macro automatically saved as .docm?

Also, I downloaded the Macros9.dot plugin or template that was mentioned in the article from the response post by gmayor. I notice it seems to be designed for Microsoft Word 97 - 2003. Is it possible to use this application with Word 2013? I wanted to try to use one of its listed macros called "Find Symbol" [Adds the Symbol dialog to Word’s search and replace function]. Since I know nothing of how macros work, I really can't apply this possible solution to my problem; namely, the finding and replacing of a wingding symbol to a larger size and different color.

Finally, I would like to know how and where to apply the information given in the last response post by gmayor, if possible. Totally clueless.