View Single Post

Old 10-04-2014, 10:39 AM
matze29 matze29 is offline Windows 8 Office 2013
Novice

matze29 is on a distinguished road
Default Several questions from a long-time Evernote user...

Hi there!

Being an satisfied evernote user for many years now I now must deal with MS OneNote because my company uses this. I read quite a lot, imported dozens of notes from Evernote to OneNote, fooled around etc. to see how things are going in OneNote. The software has some advantages but there are a few downfalls for me - at least if they are. It would be great to get some help here with it - thank your very much!

1) I have a windows PC with Office 2013 on it but mainly I use my Chromebook or one of my Android devices to access my notes. For that reason the web client and the Android app are pretty important to me. Both have a different (and very minimalistic) UI that significantly differs from the windows software - which is a pain. To make things even worse important functions are missing e.g. uploading PDF files to OneOne. Bug or feature?

2) The OneNote clipper can only cover whole websites - the web clipper from Evernote offers more possibilities e.g. just the article thus eliminating banners, ads etc. Additionally you can choose which notebook shall be the destiny, add tags etc. The OneNote clipper can't be configured for that, eh?

3) The android app of Evernote offers a special document mode for the camera. OneNote has the same functionality ("Office lense") but really just for Windows Phone?! Huh?

4) I like to add reminders to certain notes either to get push notifications or email notifications. OneNote doesn't offer that without Outlook which I don't use. Is it planned to integrate real reminders...as every competing product already offers?

Thank you very much and best regards,
Matthias

PS: Hopefully my english is good enough?! I'm from germany and my last english classes were 23 years ago