View Single Post

Old 09-24-2014, 02:53 PM
MelissaAnnie MelissaAnnie is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

MelissaAnnie is on a distinguished road
Default Mail merge, text boxes, and two documents per sheet!

I got moved to a department at work (Finance) where things have been done in a very clunky way for 20 years, and I'm being expected to make changes to become effective and efficient.
I want us to begin printing our cheques, instead of writing them by hand, since we average 600-800 cheques per month. A staff member "helped me out" by creating a Word document that I want to use as a mail merge to print my cheques. His placement is spot on, but unfortunately he used text boxes to create this template. My first question: Is there a way I can remove these text boxes while keeping the placement of the text they are holding? I suspect not... :-( Given that assumption, is there a way I can use this template with mail merge fields in the appropriate boxes?
Next, our cheques are 2 per page, but I can't seem to get the second one on the page to be different than the first one on the page. I can't figure out how to add a "Next Record" field so the merge will pull the next item from the data source. When I've completed my merge for a test run, it gave me 5 pages with each page containing two of the same records. My test data source has 10 records.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!