View Single Post

Old 09-22-2014, 07:08 AM
Words Words is offline Windows XP Office v. X
Explorer

Words is on a distinguished road
Default Maybe I missed Something

When I worked through doing it that way, it was very cumbersome, for what I am trying to do. Not really preferable to just copying and pasting, as far as I could tell. As I say, I am a novice and may be missing something.

I take one of my preexisting documents. Then, several places throughout the document I want to insert new material, some of it just an address, some of it paragraphs long. I have the new material typed on a new Word document worksheet.

Ideally, I would like to find a way to give the worksheet material portions field names or whatever and then have these field names also appear in the preexisting document. Then have a way to just have the program search the preexisting document for the field names, stop at each, and substitute the new material from the worksheet at each place.

In Quattro, I have set up spreadsheets to link this way. Data from a cell in one spreadsheet is automatically loaded into a given cell in another spreadsheet. I'd like to find a way to do this, or something similar, in Word.