View Single Post

Old 09-22-2014, 04:31 AM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisio07 View Post
all reference I saw said full file paths are not needed when all files reside in the same folder/location.
I have seen claims to that effect too. Fact is though, it's not reliable and is contrary to the MS specification - which the link quite clearly gives. If you're concerned to handle files that are being moved around, you can trick Word into using a relative path, with an INCLUDETEXT field coded like:
{INCLUDETEXT "{FILENAME \p}\\..\\RadTemp.doc" RadDate}

The extension is absolutely necessary.

Note: The field brace pairs (i.e. '{ }') for the {FILENAME \p} field in above example are created in the document itself, via Ctrl-F9 (Cmd-F9 on a Mac); you can't simply type them or copy & paste them from this message.