View Single Post

Old 09-15-2014, 02:11 PM
JohnFinNC JohnFinNC is offline Windows XP Office 2003
Novice

JohnFinNC is on a distinguished road
Default Unlink source files when creating Church Directory with INCLUDEPICTURE

The images, along with the IPTC embedded caption (also called “Description” in some IPTC references) are stored in a folder, “C:\FPC_Directory”. That folder also has a CSV file listing all of the images, with data fields including “FileName” (e.g. “Anderson Alice P2244124.jpg”) and “Description” (e.g. “Alice & Bill Anderson”).

The CSV file also has a field “SourceFile” which includes the complete file path and the file name (for example, “C:/FPC_Directory/Anderson Alice P2244124.jpg”).

There are 220 images, each 640x480 pixels, using total storage of 23.2 MB. The Word template is a table having 3 columns and 4 rows, i.e. 12 images per page. Hence, the directory has a total of 19 pages.

I use Word 2010, careful to save the template as Word 97-2003. The merged document is saved at .docx in compatibility mode.

My problem is unlinking the source files in order to transfer the 19 page document with actual images.

This code works, creating a document about 24 MB in size:

{ IF {INCLUDEPICTURE { IF TRUE “C:\FPC_Directory\{MERGEFIELD “FileName” }” } }{ INCLUDEPICTURE {IF TRUE “C:\FPC_Directory\{ MERGEFIELD “FileName” }” } } }
{MERGEFIELD “Description” }

This code, using the “\d” qualifier, produces the desired document, but the source files are linked. The document isn’t transferrable to another computer.

{ IF {INCLUDEPICTURE { IF TRUE “C:\FPC_Directory\{MERGEFIELD “FileName” }” } \d }{ INCLUDEPICTURE {IF TRUE “C:\FPC_Directory\{ MERGEFIELD “FileName” }” } } \d }
{MERGEFIELD “Description” }

What am I doing wrong?