View Single Post

Old 09-11-2014, 04:50 PM
studiogeek studiogeek is offline Mac OS X Office 2008 for Mac
Novice

studiogeek is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
It's not clear from your post exactly where the patient data are added - in the header or in the document body. Assuming the latter, all you need do is:
1. Open the template for editing
2. Set the page layout options for a 'Different first page'
3. Apply a unique Style name (e.g. 'Patient') to the range containing the patient data
4. Temporarily create a 2nd page
5. Insert a STYLEREF field into the 2nd page header, referencing the 'Patient' Style, plus the Page # field
6. Delete the page break used to create the temporary second page.
7. Save the template
I really appreciate your reply.
Pardon my lack of proper terminology but I generally just use "Word" to read documents or edit my resume. ;-)
There is a header on the first page of each document that has the doctors name, qualifications and address. Just below this there is Patient Name: Date of birth: Date of service:.
We just need the patient name, date of birth and the page number to appear on all subsequent pages at the top. We actually don't even need the words "name", or "date of birth". We would be happy if only the name of the patient, date of birth and page number appeared without Patient name, DOB etc.
for example at the top we would love:

Page 3
John Smith
3/14/1961

Thats all we need. If you have time, please explain it like I know nothing about Word.......... because I don't. ;-)

Thank you so much.
If you are willing to modify our 4 templates, I would be happy to pay you.

Thanks!
SG