View Single Post

Old 08-31-2014, 01:33 AM
djchapple djchapple is offline Windows 7 Office 2010 (Version 14.0)
Novice

djchapple is on a distinguished road
Default Outlook 2010 - cannot receive or sens emails

I have just had serious problems with my lap which crashed and would not respond.

I took the opportunity to upgrade the OS to Windows 8.0 and than to 8.1.

My laptop has two partitions, drives C: and D:. The former contains the OS and program files and D; contains all my data.

After setting up Outlook 2010 for my email I decided to change the location of the outlook files from C:\Users............ to drive D:. I copied the files to the new location, left the original files in placed and then changed the location using File/Info/Account Settings.

After the change things, at first seemed OK, as all the emails were present but I soon realised that all my email account details were missing and that I could neither send or receive emails.

I changed the file location back to the original settings using File/Info/Account Settings but this did not solve the problems.

I have exported my files using File/Open/Import to an Outlook pst file.

I understand that I should set up a completely new account , remove all traces of the old one and then import my emails back into the new account.

After such a long intro my question is how do I do this? I want to be sure that the new account is completely new and not tainted by the old one.