Thread: [Solved] Excel deleted numbers
View Single Post

Old 08-27-2014, 11:49 PM
ep2002 ep2002 is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Advanced Beginner

ep2002 is on a distinguished road
Default Excel deleted numbers

Hi,

So I'm livid now. I didn't even think to check to make sure that Excel was deleting my entries (why would I)?, but I just noticed twice now that Excel deleted the last digit of the number I pasted into a column. Who knows how may other entries it changed.

This last one had a zero & it removed the zero. I don't remember what the last number of the other entry was.

There is no way I can go back now & check all my work, that would take at least 3-5 hours

I was copying longs/lats from a long/lat site where you enter in the city or neighborhood & it gives you the data.

With this last one I tried to re-paste it in 2 more times before I realized it won't stop changing the number, so I changed the cell from "general" to text which left aligned the number so it doesn't look the same as all the others, but why did it do it & how can I stop it?

Should I just change the entire column to text?

If I change the whole column to text do you think it will bring back the missing numbers for any entries it deleted? I suspect not, but I have to ask with hope. <sigh>

Thanks

Michelle