View Single Post

Old 08-19-2014, 12:52 AM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bie-n00b View Post
Hi, im sure im annoying you buy this point *soory. your last bit of code works great, but is there a way to swap around the but being connected? ie, have the words ending in consonants to connect to words begining with vowels (the opposite of whats happening now).
Well, you could swap the terms around...
Code:
    .Text = "[!^32-^62\?\@aeiouyæ" & ChrW(593) & ChrW(596) & ChrW(601) & ChrW(604) & ChrW(618) & ChrW(650) & ChrW(652) & "]" _
      & ChrW(9700) & _
      "[aeiouyæ" & ChrW(593) & ChrW(596) & ChrW(601) & ChrW(604) & ChrW(618) & ChrW(650) & ChrW(652) & "]{1,}"
Quote:
Also, could you explain to me how to add more to this code ("au", "ei", etc)
As I said in my previous post, to explicitly work with specified vowel pairs only, a different approach would be required. At present, the code works with any vowel sequences of any length, but can quite easily be limited to, say, no more than two vowels by nothing more complicated than changing {1,} to {1,2}.
Quote:
i dont understand what the `!^32-^62\?\@` does
That is a wildcard expression telling the Find process to not make matches with characters anywhere in the ASCII 32 to 62 range, or with ? or @ characters.

PS: Since your newest thread is really a continuation of the discussion already underway, I've merged the threads.