View Single Post

Old 08-01-2014, 07:12 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algee View Post
I bought and installed Office 2010 because a client insisted that 2003 was no longer secure after MS ceased support.
IMHO whoever told you that has no idea what they were talking about. Office 2003 remains quite secure and is likely to do so for however long you keep your AV software updated.
Quote:
I hate the look and feel of 2010, especially the space-hogging ribbon, and its lack of user adaptability. I hate its steep learning curve with no real benefits over 2003. So my strategy is to create my work in 2003 and re-save final versions in 2010 for the client in question.
While I sympathise with you - I too initially didn't like the Ribbon - continuing to use Word 2003 rather defeats the purpose of the upgrade (i.e. the supposed greater security of Office 2010).
Quote:
Unfortunately, every time I open 2010 it hijacks all Office file defaults, and I then have to reset them using Detect and Repair in 2003.
Is there any way to make Office 2010 mind it's own business and leave my settings alone?
See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2121447/
Quote:
The first time I installed it also hijacked Normal.dot without creating a backup and obliterated all my keyboard shortcuts and Autotext entries
Word 2010 uses a different file - Normal.dotm - and doesn't affect your Normal.dot file. To regain your keyboard shortcuts and Autotext entries, you need only open the Normal.dot file for editing, then re-save it (in the new format) as Normal.dotm.