nwiabrad nwiabrad is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2013
Novice

nwiabrad is on a distinguished road

gebobs and macropod

John Doe 555-555-5555 123 anystreet anytown WA King 97xxx

$120,000

Jane Doe 555-555-5555 123 anystreet anytown WA King 97xxx

$120,000

I tried to cop/paste from excel with the borders added so you would see each set had it's own column but it didn't copy the borders over

· Are the given names always the only difference; yes (they only include the salary of the first person so everything is the same except their first name
· Do all the data concern spouses (i.e. no singles); and (no) there are some single people in the list as well – to give you an idea I started out with 5870 data sets, when I went to “data” tab and clicked remove duplicate datasets based on phone # and address it brought me down to about 3500 datasets
· are the data all in one column, or does each field (e.g. given name, surname, phone, etc.) have it's own column? (see the example above)

Most sales lead databases I've ever used typically don't even include the spouses name in the database so it's no big deal if the best resource is to just do a delete duplicate data. However, if there is a fairly easy process to merge the two rows of data based on just needing to merge the first (personal, given) name then that would be sweet to know how to do so.