View Single Post

Old 07-21-2014, 06:57 PM
dynamictiger dynamictiger is offline Windows 7 Office 2007
Novice

dynamictiger is on a distinguished road
Cool Table with Table of Contents as a Column

I have a very extensive Operations and Maintenance Manual I have been working on over the course of several years.

Once more I am going through for the umpteenth time doing updates and refreshing content.

I am now at the daily, weekly, monthly section of the tasks required and would like to make the tables a bit simpler to follow.

The table formats are:

Item Associated Task
Item 2 Associated Task 2

I have a table for each task group being daily, weekly, monthly and so on. So far so good.

On the following pages I have detailed task descriptions with headings in the format:

1.2.1 Associated Task
1.2.2 Associated task 2

What is happening in the real world is as I move down the associated task list I may have a task named Clean Floor and when I come to make the heading I am perhaps calling it Clean and Polish floor. This annoys me as it is not perfect.

Putting aside my petty annoyances, I would ideally like to change my daily, weekly, monthly etc tables to look something like:

Item 1.2.1 Associated Task pg 123
Item 1.2.2 Associated Task pg 125

I think this would be fantastic and much more user friendly. But I cant see how to approach this. Is it a table of contents with an extra column and if so how do you add the additional column or is it a table with a column added which is a table of contents? Or something else?