View Single Post

Old 07-08-2014, 08:59 AM
JimP JimP is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Experienced User

JimP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthoducks View Post
I'm attaching a new version of the file in which the "tilted" connector's label has the default top margin, and the "horizontal" connector's label has a top margin set to 40 pt. On my system the "tilted" label is still tilted, and the "horizontal" label is still horizontal.
I think I may have lost track of what you are trying to achieve but, let's work with some facts first. By DEFAULT, all connectors are predetermined to have margins set to 2 pt at all four postions (top, bottom, left and right) and the text is set to the "Middle" of the connector. Any deviation from those postions have to be manually altered.

So, as illustrated in your drawing, the text labeled "horizontal" and "tilted" have been manually altered using the mouse by clicking on the text and hoovering the mouse just above the text (on the small circle that indicates the center of the text) until a circular arrow appears, then left-clicked and rotated accordingly. If you do not need the 40 pt setting, obviously reset it back to 2 pt (default).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthoducks View Post
Thank you for pointing out the little yellow icon (really invisible unless one knows to look for it). Note that the "horizontal" connector has one, but the "tilted" connector does not. This is probably a clue to what is wrong, but my knowledge of Visio is not deep enough to suggest what it means.
The missing icon is the result of multiple modifications to that particular connector. That is why I mentioned the alternative method of relocating text on the connectors in my previous post.

Again, the easiest solution is to replace the connector.