View Single Post

Old 07-08-2014, 06:41 AM
robbeh robbeh is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

robbeh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
Basically, the issue is that, when you use an INCLUDETEXT field this way, it inserts the final paragraph break from the source document. If the field is in its own paragraph, that means you'll get both that paragraph's break and the one from the inserted document. The simplest solution is to not have a paragraph break after the INCLUDETEXT field (i.e. add the field to the start of whatever paragraph follows it).

PS: You can probably do without the \* MERGEFORMAT switch, too.
Thank you Macropod for your response. That definitely helped with the extra space above the letters. I thought before it sometimes didn't add that space but so far that just seems to be my imagination.

My last question is the \* MERGEFORMAT...so the reason the document uses it is because:

1) The margins are all over the place in the Mail Merge source document. The MERGEFORMAT switch seems to resolve that. Not a huge issue since I can adjust all the margins.

2) The bigger issue is, without the MERGEFORMAT the imported document comes in at 12pt font Times New Roman, even though the source document is not in that font. Word defualt font is something totally different too. So I had to use the MERGEFORMAT to make sure it was 11pt Cambodi. Any idea why it includes in a different font?

Thanks a ton,
Robb