View Single Post

Old 06-24-2014, 08:02 AM
BobBridges BobBridges is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Expert

BobBridges has a spectacular aura aboutBobBridges has a spectacular aura about

I hate it when that happens; it doesn't work, later I try it again and it does work and I don't know why. I can't really trust it after that, until I figure out what I did wrong the first time.

If I'm reading you right, you think what went wrong is trying to do the End(xlDown) and using that for your TextToColumns. I don't think that can be it; there may have been something wrong with that range, but not that you used End(xlDown) to select it. The macro used a hard-coded range because the macro recorder is stupid—necessarily stupid, I mean, not a fault of the designers. But when you're writing your own code you can use the best way to select your range, and End(xlDown) sounds like the best way to me. If you still have the code that it objected to, post it and I'll take a look at it.

As for the rest — a triumphant grin while I lean back and put my hands behind my head — I love it when somebody learns something. Looks like you're well on your way. Holler again, any time.

Oh, and as for conditional formatting, post a question over on the other forum. Chances are someone there will beat me to an answer; I use conditional formatting some, but I get the impression there are others who know it better.